Saturday, October 07, 2006

..::·::-Soccer in School-::·::..


Hi,
Like I told you before, one of my favorite hobbies is to play soccer. I’m in the Jr. Varsity girl soccer team. I have practices every Wednesday and Friday from 3:30 P.M to 5:15 P.M. Next week we have a game vs. another school, but I’m not sure of the name of that school. I like very much to play soccer. Through all the year we have several tournaments in different cities. The biggest tournament is binational games.

For this year we have the following tournaments:
· On November 24th to 25th are the MS Cartagena Games.
· On February are the Albania Games.
· On March 1st and 2nd are the Barranquilla Games.
· On March 13th to 18th are the Binational Games.
· On May 4th to 7th are the Mary Mount Games.

Last year I was also in the team. The Binational Games were in The Columbus School of Medellin. We stayed at the club Campestre of Llano Grande. From about eight different schools we got the fifth place. I know is not too good, but that is why we are working very hard to get the first place this year.

I think that is very important to have sport teams in a school because is good to encourage and give the opportunity to students to play sports and like sports. For example in my school, we get to choose extracurricular classes of sports. We can choose maximum two sports. To go to a tournament you need to have good grades, if you have failed a grade and you haven’t improved it you can’t go. So, really it doesn’t affect your grades in school because the people that want to play they want to go to those tournaments soy they put all their efforts to get great notes!

3 comments:

*Vale M* said...

Vale, like you, I really enjoy playing soccer, it is a great sport. I hope that we both continue playing, and we win all the tournaments!!

with love,
Vale M.

SebastianB said...

hi vale,
I think almost the same way as you. Soccer is my favorite hobbie I like it alot and I enjoy playing it to. I am in the school team to but last year our team couldn´t go to the trips because of bad grades. I liked your blog and I liked reading it!

Sergio J. said...

Hi Vale,
I agree with about soccer, although the boys couldnt go to all of the tournaments we have a good time. And when you to another part the important thing is not only to win, is to passed good.