Monday, October 23, 2006

Short Story Draft

Rrrrrrrrrinng---oh god. Emily woke up; her mother was doing breakfast in the kitchen. Why does she make life so hard for her, she is too complicated, Emily thought as she took a slice of bread from the refrigerator.

Emily said, “Good morning momma.”

“Good morning sweetie, what do you want for breakfast?” asked Susan. “Do you want some pancakes?”

“Uh, no, really I’m not sure; maybe some eggs or a sandwich,” answered Emily a little insecure, “or maybe pancakes will be alright.”

Susan was cooking the pancakes; suddenly the phone rang. Rrrrrrrrriiiinnng—it was Chloe, actually she was calling to invite Emily to her house to make the invitation cards of her birthday party. Emily went to Chloe’s house, they finish early, so they went to hand out the cards and then they went to eat dinner. Several days after, it was Chloe’s party. So every girl, who was invited, was getting ready and looking for her outfit.

"Emily, Chloe is downstairs, come down," said Susan.

"Tell her to come to my bedroom," said Emily.

Chloe went upstairs, "Hi Emily, how are you?" asked Chloe, with a happy expression on her face.

"Hey Chloe!" exclaimed Emily, "I'm glad to see you".

"Me too, I was just passing near by, cause my mother is waiting for me at Costco to buy the things for the party, so I just thought that maybe you would want to go with me?" said Chloe.

“Ohh, I will love to, but I need to look for the outfit I’m going to wear for the party, but thank you,” said Emily.

“Okay, see you at the party,” said Chloe opening the door.

“Yeah, obviously, see ya,” said Emily as Chloe went downstairs.

Emily always wanted to be one of the prettiest girls every where, so she started to look for the best clothing she could wear for the party that night. Anything looked gorgeous enough for Em, so she decided to call summer for help.

"Hi Summer." greeted Emily.

"Hi! Who is this?" answered Summer.

"Is Emily you dummy," said Emily.

"Hey! Sorry I didn't recognize your voice" answered Summer laughing.

"Summer, I need some help on choosing what I'm going to wear to Chloe's birthday, please come to my house, quickly!" exclaimed Emily hurried.

"Ok, but first I need to ask my mom because we had planned to buy some things for the trip today, so let me ask her and I call you in 5 minutes, if that's ok with you," answered Summer.

"Sure, I wait for your call," said Emily.

Summer called her mom. "Hi mom," greeted Summer.

"Hi honey, how are you?" answered Marissa; Summer's mom.

"Fine thank you," answered Summer "mom can I go to Emily's house? Is that she wants some help on choosing what she is going to wear and I wanted to help her.”

"Ok, but then tomorrow we need to do what we were going to do today, and tomorrow don't even think of saying to me 'mommy I have soccer classes' because I’m not going to accept it," Marissa advice her.

"Ok!" exclaimed Summer "I talk to you later."

"Ok, bye and also remember to put what you're going to wear on your bed so I don't put it in the suitcase," Said Marissa.

"Ok mom, bye." answered Summer.

Five minutes later Summer called Emily. "Hey, mom told me the same speech of every day; 'Ok, but don't even think of saying, mommy I have soccer practices' or something like that, you know how is she."

"Yes! Every single mother is the same!" answered Emily laughing "but, are you coming?"

"No, she told me 'No!' can you believe that?" said Summer.

"Really?" answered Emily kind of impressed.

"Not really, I was just kidding," answered Emily "I'm going in 5 minutes."

"Umm, okay," said Emily.

"See you later alligator,” whispered Summer.

“In a while crocodile!" answered Em.

When Summer was going into Emily’s house, Susan arrived and called summer, "Hi Summer, can you give this to Em, I bought her some clothes, so she can choose something to wear to Chloe's party."

"Hi Susan, okay, I'm sure Em is going to love it!" answered Summer.

"Okay, tell Emily to call me if she doesn't like it so we can change it," said Susan.

“Okay,” said Summer.

Then, when Summer got into Emily’s room, Em was sleeping.

“Hey Emily, wake up!” exclaimed Summer.

Em was waking up and asked Summer, “What are you doing with all those clothes?”

“Oh right, your mom bought you new clothes so you can choose something from it to wear to the party,” answered Summer, “and also she said that if you didn’t like it you need to call her quickly so that she can change it.”

Emily tried on all the clothes, but she didn’t like anything. Emily was very nervous to tell her mom that she didn’t like it, because she thought that her mom will be disappointed on her. Every time Susan bought Em new clothes, she never liked them.

“Summer, what I’m going to do? My mom is going to be mad at me!” cried Emily.

“Just tell her that you didn’t like them because they were very stretch, I don’t know, something like that,” answered Summer.

“Okay, but before calling my mom I must have what I’m going to wear, because if I don’t have it I’m going to be in trouble,” said Emily.

Emily and Summer spent about two hours looking for Em’s outfit. After a while they found the perfect outfit for Em to wear, it was a black skirt with a white shirt and a black belt, and she looked gorgeous.

“Summer now I need to call mom, I hope she don’t turn to be mad at me,” said Em.

“Just remember to tell her that you already picked your outfit,” answered Summer.

Emily called Susan, “Hi mom, thanks for the clothes.”

“Hi honey, did you like it?” asked Susan.

“Mom I already picked my outfit, but from old clothes, I had, because what you bought was too stretch, sorry mom,” cried Emily.

“Don’t worry, but I’m not going to help you at night if you tell me that something happened with your outfit,” said Susan.

“Okay mom, I know,” answered Em, “but now I’m going to the beauty shop okay?”

“Okay, take care,” said Susan.

Summer and Emily went to the beauty shop to get their hands and hair done. They spent about two hours there. When Emily and Summer were about to finish in the beauty shop, Em called to her house:

“Mom, can you put what I let in the studio on my bed please?”

“Yeah, sure,” said Susan.

Susan put Em’s outfit on Em’s bed. When Emily got home she saw that the white shirt had an orange dot, she almost died.

”Mom!” cried Emily. Susan come into Em’s bedroom and said:

“What happened?” she saw the white shirt and said:

“Oh my God, what happened?”

“I’m almost sure that it was my sister!” Exclaimed Em angrily.

“Okay, I’m going to help you just because it was your sister’s fault” said Susan.

They went to a store to buy a new shirt, Em was happy at the time because she got a new shirt. At the end, Emily had one of the most dazzling outfit of the birthday party. Also, she learned to appreciate what her mother did for her, and made sure, that for next time, her mother bought her something she really looked back for.

No comments: