Friday, October 27, 2006

..~My Trip to Orlando~..

Hi,
Today I arrived to Miami like at 1:00P.M to the Miami International Airport. The flight was comfortable, fast, and calm. I woke up like at 4: 45 A.M in the morning because I needed to be in the airport at 6 O’clock in the morning. While I was in the airplane we fly right on top of Haiti, Jamaica, Cuba, and other islands of the Caribbean. The color of the ocean on those islands was beautiful, it turned from aquamarine to turquoise and then to navy, it was wonderful! When I got to the airport with my parents we waited about for 25 minutes for immigration, the lines were gigantic. I was so amazed, there you saw people from all over the world, people with different cultures and customs. Also, there were people with these weird cloths similar to the cloths the Muslims wear and others with a kind of little dot on their forehead like the Hindus. For a moment I thought that they might felt uncomfortable knowing that most of the people are looking at them and talking about them as weird people, but then I just realized that they might be used to it and that we must be a little more respectful because is their culture and we need to respect that. Also, as well as we look at them and think of them about weird people they might be doing the same thing because are very different traditions and customs.

After all the procedures at the airport we went on a little bus to Dollar Rent- A -
Car to, obviously, rent a car. When we got there we realized that my dad’s car license had expired two days ago and my mom thought that she had left her license at our home in Cartagena, but thank god it was in her wallet because if not, you will not like to hear it because it would had been a total disaster. There we had a reservation for a Chrysler Pacifica but we didn’t fit there because we were going to encounter with my brothers and one of my brother’s girlfriend in Orlando and in total we were 7 and the Chrysler Pacifica was for 5 people. Finally we rent a Dodge Durango, it was perfect for us.

When we got out of Dollar, we went, again, to the airport to receive one of my brothers. He had lived in Miami so he wanted to take a little ride through Key Biscayne, Brickell, and Miami beach, but unfortunately we didn’t went to Miami Beach because it was getting later to take the Turnpike to go to Orlando. In our way to Orlando we got lost like a thousand times. When we were on the Turnpike we decided to exit because there was a giant truck, which had burned, blocking the highway. When we were trying to found Interstate95 we got lost. Due, to that we hadn’t ate nothing, we found Burger King. There, we ordered through the drive thru and asked how to find I95. After the instructions they gave us in Burger King, we found the highway, but in West Palm Beach we took again the Turnpike. Finally we got to Orlando like at 11:30 P.M, we were very tired, but at the same time happy because we were going to be all together.

Ps: It will continue...(on my next free post)

6 comments:

Augusto V. said...

Valeria,
This seems to be a very good vacation, and it reminds me about some of my vacations, i would like to read the next part.

Victoria M. said...

Hey Vale,
It seems that you are having such a great time in your vacations! I am very glad for you, I would like to be there :( I like your post very much,

Victoria

Isabella G said...

Vale,
I am very glad you are having fun. I have so many things to tell you, and it is only 3 days since you went! Take pictures and bring them back, and then show them to me. Keep having fun and be prepared to listen to all the stories I need to tell you!
Isa G

..Juli B.. said...

Hi vale,
I hope you pass a very good time in orlando, it is very cool goign there it is just a dream. I hope you enjoy a lot your vacations and come fast because we have a project jaja..

bye(k)

*Vale M* said...

Vale,
HELOO VALE! Your flight seemed wonderful, you can never get tired of seeing that divine blue water! your trip seeemed really fun, although you had alot of problems (licence). I hope you tell us all about your trip to Disney in your next post, I am very intrigued to find out what you did there...

P.S: Try to log in to MSN so we can talk! WE MISS YOU!
with ♥,
Vale M.

Blogger said...

By using RentalCars you can find the cheapest rental cars from over 49,000 locations globally.